Kenya sent its first female athlete to the Winter Olympics games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The presence of African athletes at this year's Winter Olympics has been a source of celebration. Participants include Nigeria’s bobsleigh team, and skeleton athlete Akwasi Frimpong from Ghana. We wish the athletes the best.
Although African athletes are pushing the continent to secure a place in Winter Olympics, it’s not an individual struggle. The continent needs to give more in Winter sports than it’s doing at the moment (more like government support and organization backing). It’s understandable that Africa’s tropical weather condition is the major reason why the continent lags behind in Winter Games.
Liverpool ace, Mohamed Salah has set an ambitious target with the intention to ‘win everything’ in football.
Salah believes he can replicate his club success with Egypt national team, starting with the 2017 African Player of the Year crown.
Speaking ahead of Thursday night’s Caf Awards in Accra, Ghana, the 25-year-old disclosed that winning the prize will mean a great deal to him and the people of Egypt.
This is no Hollywood script, but the reality of the last four years for Nigeria's Seun Adigun -- a woman that has made a habit of striving to go where no others have gone before the slopes of Pyeon. As a child she dreamed of becoming the first woman to compete in the NBA.
GEORGE OPPONG WEAH BORN 1 OCTOBER 1966) IS THE PRESIDENT-ELECT OF LIBERIA AND A RETIRED PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER WHO PLAYED AS A STRIKER. WIDELY REGARDED AS ONE OF THE GREATEST AFRICAN PLAYERS OF ALL TIME, IN 1995 HE WAS NAMED FIFA WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR AND WON THE BALLON D'OR, BECOMING THE FIRST AND TO DATE ONLY AFRICAN PLAYER TO WIN THESE AWARDS.
- Song is not DEAD!
- NBA African Basketball Game 2017, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Senegal To Become African Champions
- Nigeria's D'tigress Beat Mali To Reach Afrobasket Final
- Afrobasket 2017 Update: D’Tigress cruise to Semifinals. Beat Ivory Coast 98 - 43
- Julius Indongo the former Unified Light-Weltherweightworld Champion from Namibia doing AFRICA Proud!
- Remembering Samuel Okwaraji: 28 Years After (PHOTOS)
- NBA announces second Africa Game this August
- Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England.
- Zimbabwe wins Zambia to lift the Cosafa Cup.