Cheick Tiote died at the age of just 30 last week after collapsing at training. Sportsmail can reveal Chinese club's facilities did not include a defibrillator.
Nine days on, Beijing Enterprises have still not explained why Tiote died but Investigation into ex-Newcastle star's death is certain to centre on his heart
One study in Nigeria suggests 75 per cent of footballers who have died through cardiac failure since 1990 are of African descent
Memorial service for Cheick Tiote has been held in Beijing following his tragic cardiac arrest last week.
The former Newcastle star, who was just 30, collapsed during training for Chinese second division side Beijing Enterprises last week and died after being rushed to hospital.
Personality Profile: Nojim Maiyegun, Nigeria`s first Olympic medallist,
Nojim Maiyegun, a former Nigerian Middleweight boxer and champion and also Nigeria`s first Olympic medallist, was born in February 21, 1944 in Lagos. He won the bronze medal in the men`s Light Middleweight (71 kg) category at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, becoming Nigeria`s first Olympic medalist.
England just won their biggest international football tournament since 1966 by beating the South Americans, Venezuela by a lone goal in the Korea under-20 world cup finals, but it is worthy to note that they achieved this feat with the help of 6 young Nigerians.
List of African Sports personalities (Football Players) that AFRICA had lost to CARDIAC ARREST!
1, Samuel Okwaraji - Nigeria
2, Amir Angwe – Nigeria
3, Hedi Berkhissa – Tunisia
- NBA-Africa Basketball Games 2017
- African Track Queen Mary Onyali
- NBA Africa Game schedule for August in Johannesburg.
- Africa’s Othman : The Gold Winning Paralympian from Egypt.
- African Basketball Legend (Deng) from South Sudan Laments on Trump’s Ban!
- SAMMY KUFFOUR: World's Finest
- MARC-VIVIEN FOE: Memory Lives On..
- Kenenisa Bekele - More Accolades
- Tirunesh Dibaba - "The Baby Faced Destroyer"
- Kipchoge Keino - Be Inspired